About Wild West Explorer
I am an outdoorsy guy. I spend huge amounts of time outdoors exploring and adventuring.
I also like to prepare myself for the worst, just in case. I love to learn, and use my vast array of skills to motivate other people to get outside.
As I read around the internet, I noticed that there was a gap in outdoors websites and blogs. Most of them are focused around Outdoor Experts, and not usually beginners. Also, many of them are aimed either at the adrenaline junkies, the yoga hippies, or the gun nuts. No offense to you if you identify as one of those groups.
I love spending time outdoors, and challenge myself physically. However, to be honest, you are more likely to find me running up a trail than pulling myself up a steep faced cliff. You are more likely to find me taking pictures of flowers than mountaineering dangerous peaks.
I love to hunt and fish, but I also love preserving the spiritual beauty of the outdoors. So I decided it is my turn to create an outdoor brand and site that motivates others to explore and enjoy the outdoors just like me. To preserve our natural places as stewards of leave no trace, but also use them to get in touch with their primitive roots as a tool to survive.
I can’t wait to help you get prepared for anything that comes your way!
Here is a breakdown of the sections of the site.
- Go Outside: This is where you will get information about the outdoors mentality, and humorous opinions on the outdoor culture.
- Explore: This is where you can keep up with my adventures, and information on hiking, camping, off roading, kayaking, and ways for even beginners to become seasoned explorers. You can use photography and video of my adventures, and information to help you get out there and experience places that will change your life forever.
- Gear Up: Get reviews and recommendations about outdoor, surival, and fitness gear. Find out when it is okay to hack a piece of gear to save money, and when you should invest some money. I want you to explore affordably, but also make sure you have the gear you need. In the Gear Up section I will also share some of the camera, audio, and multimedia gear I use to capture my adventures.
- Survival Academy: Survival tips and tutorials. Get prepared for anything and build a short term and long term survival plan. A survival plan focused on diverse knowledge and skill sets.
- Survival Fitness: The Survival Academy helps you prepare your mind, plan, and supplies. However, in the case of any emergency or disaster you will need to be prepared physically. Follow a fun fitness regimen that will prepare you physically for anything. You can also use these fun workouts as supplements to your current program to help you build well rounded strength, endurance, and fitness. Contact Bear and he will build a customized fitness program just for you.
This Is All Done For You
Maybe we already share the same hobbies and outdoor mentality. Awesome, I hope you learn something new, and share your adventures with me too!
Maybe you have never spent much time outdoors, but you think hiking or camping sounds really fun! Great, please ask questions if you have them.
Maybe you just want to feel like you are more prepared mentally or physically in case SHTF. Remember, survival is all about diversifying your skills and thinking ahead. I hope I can help you prepare.
This site is all done for you guys. Please leave comments, contact me with questions, and share your adventures if you are an explorer, or even on your first overnight back packing trip. Lets create a community of people that love exploring the outdoors, and staying prepared, happy, and healthy!